8.25.2013

Red Lust

OPI Quarter Of A Cent Cherry, Josie Maran Coconut Cheek Gelee in Getaway Red, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick By Kate in Kiss of Life, Boots No7 Poppy King Lip Gloss in One History 

I've been surrounding myself with red beauty products lately. I'm trying to make some changes in my life and I suppose the red is energizing? I facilitated this bonding exercise at a work meeting the other day and I was surprised by my answers. Basically we took a stack of picture cards and spread them out on a table. The cards depicted everything from a group of children talking to a Thanksgiving feast. We picked three cards... 


 

...that represented past, present and future things we did, are, and want to pursue passionately. For my "future" card I chose a group of women talking. It represented me being more open to friendship and also being more truthful about who I am to the people I meet. Welp! I wasn't ready for a life moment at a janky conference table. I have a bunch of other changes going on but I have to keep those under my hat for a little bit longer.

Swatches (L to R): Getaway Red, Kiss of Life, One History 

I love Getaway Red blush so much! I never realized how flattering red blush could be - especially when you apply it on the high points of freshly bronzed skin. It gives you this youthful "I spent summer at camp eating blackberries in the warm sun" look. I'm still testing out Kiss of Red and One History. So far? Kiss of Red is a great matte medium red but it feels drying and One History has a strange watery consistency. I will keep you posted though.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment